Friday, October 3, 2008

October 3: Piaget, Kohlberg, Erikson, Freud

In-Class Activities:

1) Neuron Note. You wrote me a new question about Piaget, attachment, and the other development concepts.

2) Did you watch the VP Debate? Keep up with what is going on in the world! When is a child, developmentally old enough to tackle controversational issues?

3) Lecture on Piaget, Kohlberg, Erikson, Freud. I gave you notes on the overhead over these stage theorists. Hopefully, we did enough to make it interesting. I gave you lots of life examples of my own children who are different stages at ages 1, 3, 6. We analyzed Kohlberg's moral dilemma with Heinz. I think Freud in just fascinating on his own to talk about. Make sure you know the different stages!


Assignments:

1) Read chapter 4 pp. 159-170.

2) Chapter vocabulary notecards (optional)

3) Extra credit video at lunch B days this week and next week.

No comments: